Lifehacker just did an article on Food Myths. That is, things that people think are true, but aren’t. The full article explains each. Here are the myths:
- Myth: Eat a hearty breakfast, first thing in the morning.
- Myth: You need small meals every 2-3 hours.
- Myth: You need to eat immediately after a workout.
- Myth: You need to stop eating a few hours before bedtime.
Here are 10 common myths about cancer, and why they’re wrong.
- Cancer is a man-made, modern disease
- Superfoods prevent cancer
- Acidic diets cause cancer
- Cancer has a sweet tooth
- Cancer is a fungus, and sodium bicarbonate will cure it
- There’s a miracle cancer cure
- The big drug companies are hiding the cancer cure
- Cancer treatment kills more than cancer does
- We’ve made no progress in fighting cancer
- Sharks don’t get cancer